Whether you have years of work experience or you just graduated, there’s a job opportunity for you at Nestlé. Search for jobs here.
Klimathon (klima+hackathon) is an innovation lab focused on new and workable solutions that can help address current issues and challenges relating to the climate crisis. The initiative intends to amplify the youth’s voice and highlight their capability to develop and implement meaningful climate actions.
Participating teams of Filipino students and young professionals will each present a project concept paper based on one of three focus pillars, namely, (1) plastic waste management, (2) energy efficiency and renewable energy, and (3) food security. Ten finalists will undergo a mentorship program with industry and field experts to refine and further develop their project design. Cash prizes and recognition await the winning teams.
The climate hackathon will be launched on October 20, 2021 and will run until January of next year.
Klimathon is a joint project of the Climate Change Commission (CCC), the agency spearheading the government’s climate change initiatives, and Nestlé Philippines, with its pioneering programs tackling climate change and commitment to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050.
Nestlé Philippines, one of the largest Nestlé markets worldwide, is deeply committed to pursuing its environmental goals as a Kasambuhay for the Environment with two major long-term programs tackling climate change and plastic waste, respectively. Its climate change program supports the attainment of the country’s Nationally Determined Contribution targeting the reduction of GHG emissions by 75% by 2030, under the Paris Agreement.
Locally, Nestlé Philippines has committed to reduce virgin plastics consumption by a third, and cut 30% of GHG emissions in its operations by 2025, versus 2018 levels. With climate change as a key priority, Nestlé Philippines has in place a whole-of-business approach to source responsibly, transform its operations, and shape a waste-free future. As a company with 110 years of presence in the country, it seeks to leave a legacy of effectively caring for the planet.
- Filipino senior high school and college students and young innovators
- Participants must be between 16-24 years old, as of the date of submission.
- Form a team of 2 to 5 members
- Download and accomplish the project concept paper document: https://bit.ly/2021KlimathonSubmissions
- Send your accomplished project concept paper to [email protected] on or before November 10, 2021, together with the following:
- Relevance as Climate Action (40%) – The innovation is designed to address climate change causes and impacts, particularly on the identified pillars.
- Innovativeness (20%) – The innovation presents fresh, creative, and disruptive approaches to tackle climate change.
- Community Impact (20%) – The innovation is adapted and tailored to the local context, which may not only result in climate resilience but also community development.
- Sustainability (20%) – The innovation has high potential to be sustained and replicated and could attract private and public sector investment.
We will be announcing the top 10 finalists via the Facebook pages of Climate Change Commission and Nestlé Philippines on November 25. We will be contacting the finalists.
Finalists will undergo a mentorship program with industry and field experts. The top 3 winning teams will be selected and awarded cash prizes, which can be used as seed money to further develop or implement their project:
- 1st place: P50,000
- 2nd place: P30,000
- 3rd place: P20,000
Winning teams also earn the recognition of being the first batch of Klimathon champions.